Structured Workplace Learning placements are industry work placements for students undertaking a Vocational Education Training in School (VETis) qualification or the Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning (VCAL).
The Structured Workplace Learning (SWL) website www.workplacements.education.vic.gov.au has been established in conjunction with the Department of Education and Training. This website provides school teachers and students with an easy to navigate, single information and referral point for a diverse range of high quality SWL placement opportunities. The website is searchable by industry and location.
Thinking of hosting a workplace student?
Help have a direct impact on youth employment in Melbourne’s inner north by hosting a young person in your workplace.
- Contribute to the development of entry-level skills in your industry
- Encourage students to become involved with business in their local community
- Attract young people to your business
- Raise the profile of your business in the local community
- Develop the training and supervisory skills of your employees
Find out how Year 12 VCAL student Jesse Withington helped Brunswick West business Melville Bodyworks to meet its apprenticeship needs in an easy, cost-effective manner in this case study.
Call us for more information about how your business can host a structured workplace learning student.
0409 547 034
0413 538 887