The Aspiring Leaders Program 2014 is a competency based program of leadership development for young people in Moreland schools and professionals in businesses and organisations. The program is a partnership initiative by the Inner Northern LLEN and Moreland Youth Services.
Our model of leadership development connects young people to professionals in a shared environment where both groups benefit from learning and working together.
The program’s vision is to support the emergence and growth of diverse leaders who have the confidence and capacity to inspire positive action in their schools, workplaces and community. The program aims to be a vehicle for fostering collective leadership, and building partnerships between young people and adults.
“This program taught me to be confident in what I believe in, but to listen and be open to what others say” (Emma, 16 – 2013 participant)
Twenty-four participants go through the program together, twelve young people from Moreland schools and twelve professionals from businesses and organisations.
The program is offered to young people in schools in Moreland who meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrate leadership potential but are not currently in a leadership role.
- Are preferably (although not exclusive) from Aboriginal, CALD, migrant or refugee backgrounds
- Have limited access to extra-curricular activities
- Can communicate independently and in group settings.
- Male and Female 15-18 years of age.
Professionals who want to become stronger leaders by developing an authentic leadership voice and the ability to engage a diverse workforce. This program offers a rewarding experience for the professionals who believe in a common responsibility to provide opportunities for learning and development for young people.
Aspiring Leaders Program participants 2013
The program consists of 6 half day sessions held weekly for a period of 6 weeks. It includes:
- 3 leadership development workshops delivered by corporate leadership specialists Juno Consulting
- Inspiring community leaders as guest speakers.
- 1 group outing.
- 1 Workplace Visit hosted by professional participants.
- 1 Group Celebration.
You can be part of this fantastic program! Here’s how:
The Aspiring Leaders Program presents a fantastic opportunity for organisations and businesses to further the leadership potential of their workforce while at the same time meeting their corporate social responsibility goals.