Joining the Dots Transition Network (JTDTN)
The Joining the Dots Transition Network is for educators, community agency workers and others who wish to improve their primary secondary school transition and engagement practise. Through Interactive sharing of practise, quality professional learning, networking and working together in local cluster, members will improve their capability to prepare and support students and their families for this journey from Year 4 to Year 9. A collaborative and early intervention approach is key to supporting all young people and their families, but is essential for those more vulnerable to disengagement.
The development of this network has been driven by feedback from JTD project participants, and it is one of the key recommendations from the 2018 Project evaluation.
- Practise and knowledge sharing between members
- Appropriate professional learning sessions
- Networking opportunities to promote conversations, relationships, trust and collaboration
- Linking school members with appropriate local community agency workers who can provide additional support for school, students & families
- Enabling existing local transition clusters to meet and/or new clusters to form
- Raising awareness of the need for an effective whole school transition process that is embedded in curriculum
Membership is open to:
- Primary and Secondary School Transition Coordinators (or Equivalent Roles) from all schools in Moreland, Darebin and Yarra and beyond
- Local community agency workers with resources and capacity to support schools, students and families during transition to and within secondary school
- Key representatives from the Department of Education and Training, Catholic Education Melbourne and Independent Schools Victoria
- Other appropriate educators
The Annual membership fee is $1,500 + GST per member.
These funds will provide for:
- Network and Steering Group meeting venues, catering and guest speakers
- The employment of a Network Coordinator by INLLEN
- Other administration costs such as photocopying, laptop and mobile phone.
Home |JTD Transition Network |Resources
MEMBERSHIP NOW OPEN FOR 2019 – See Membership Forms below
First Network Meeting
Date: Thursday 21st March 2019
Time: 8:45am – 3:30pm
Agenda: To follow
For information about membership contact, please contact