Darebin Youth Commitment
The Darebin Youth Commitment (DYC) is a strategic partnership of schools, education providers, government agencies, community organisations and industry who work together to co-design, co-deliver and align local approaches that improve outcomes for young people in the City of Darebin.
Our vision is that all young people in the City of Darebin are supported to be the best they can be, are safe, healthy, engaged in learning and their communities.
Find out more about the Youth Commitment scope, structure and responsibilities.
- School Community Action Team set up at Thornbury High School to improve Indigenous student engagement and parent and family engagement
- Real Industry Job Interviews (RIJI) program
- Ran a series of networking activities including: School2Community Bus Tours, School-Business Roundtable
- Supported the development of the From My School to Our School parental engagement strategy
- Offered a range of professional development events around family engagement, school-community partnerships and school-business partnerships
- Collaborative research papers including the Darebin Under 16 report
The Darebin Youth Commitment offers members the opportunity for greater engagement with schools, council and agencies as well as plenty of opportunity for networking. In early 2017 DYC members visited Reservoir High School, Kingsbury Primary School and PRACE to meet staff and students and to hear about their programs.
Richard Belford, front, with fellow DYC members visiting schools in early 2017.